Contact us if you want to contribute to our blog.
A Guide to Home Alarm Systems: 6 Guidelines to Follow#home
Protecting your life and your family starts from protecting your home. Home alarm systems have proven to eliminate the possibility of houses being broken into and burglarized as well as prevent intruders harming residents. An alarm system can provide the comfort of protection and most importantly peace of mind within your own home. It also ensures you receive sufficient warning to get to a safe location when triggered.
Many of us underestimate the need of an alarm system especially when we think we live at a safe location. Having an alarm system is always good for protection, early warning, timely reaction and contacting the authorities in time for needed help. While the alarm system may not prevent an intruder from entering your home, it acts as a deterrent. Some advantages of a home alarm system are that your home is continuously monitored and secured when you are away or at home, and you are likely to pay less insurance premiums. Today’s alarm systems even offer extended protection from fire, storms and carbon monoxide.
It is difficult to choose the right system for your needs especially when so many brands are available in the market with some possessing additional functionalities and features.
Here are a few guidelines to consider when thinking of buying and installing a home alarm system:
1. Quick Emergency Response: Consider an alarm system that is easy to install and offers quick emergency response. There are alarm systems that will immediately alert you through your smartphone when you are out of your house and if you do not response, the police will be contacted to check your home. Get an alarm system that includes motion detectors and sensors such as glass breaking sensors so it can track movement. It is recommended to avoid basic alarm systems that only set off a sound. It may not alert you or assist in getting the needed help in time. Also, try to avoid Do-It-Yourself kits, they can surely save you money, but may not provide a comprehensive package including customer support.
2. Automated Alarm Systems: There are alarm systems that are not linked with a security company and have an inbuilt pre-programmed and automatic emergency call system. This may be a good alternative, but it is always beneficial to go for a comprehensive package for complete assurance.
3. Alarm System Success Rate: Research on the systems being used by others and the success rate as you want to make sure the system you purchase is reliable. The best place to start is to read customer reviews and to see how best the alarm system assisted in an actual threaten situation.
4. 24/7 Monitoring and Support: Try to find and purchase an alarm system that offers 24/7 monitoring and support. This option provides stress-free living and convenience knowing that you have round-the-clock live response with access to swift emergency assistance.
5. Outdoor Cameras: Home alarm systems now offer outdoor cameras which allow you to see who is at your front door without having to open the door. However, make sure that outdoor cameras do not violate any privacy laws.
6. Investment Value: Generally, home alarm systems are considered expensive but there are many affordable systems that will suit any budget. Remember though that the investment provides a lifelong benefit - peace of mind and security 365 days of the year. Try to find an alarm system that offers protection from fire, carbon monoxide or even storms. Also, it is important to note that a higher price does not always mean it is a good quality alarm system. So, you should research and ensure you are receiving value for your investment.
Live stress-free and have peace of mind knowing that you, your family and your home are always protected. Protect your home every minute of the day through the best purchase of a home alarm system.